Tera’s Training Tip Of The Day: Chocolate Toxicity.
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!!
Love is in the air! Special occasions and holidays are cause for presents or goodies throughout the house. Sometimes our dogs feel the need to indulge in the holiday treats along with their humans. A change in your dog diet such as the one time human food treat can cause dehydration, diarrhea, or other unpleasantries. As little as two ounces of chocolate can cause your dog to become toxic. Chocolate toxicity is very dangerous. Here are some of the signs and symptoms:
Increased body temperature
Increased reflex responses
Increased heart rate
Low blood pressure
Advanced signs (cardiac failure, weakness, and coma)
If your dog becomes suddenly ill around this time of year chocolate maybe your culprit and you should get your dog to the nearest vet. Chocolate Toxicity Meter